The Isle of Skye is known as one of the most romantic spots in Scotland and has also been named one of the most romantic places to holiday in the UK.
Location: Isle of Skye, Scotland
Throughout the two day elopement styled shoot we will shoot in some of the following locations, weather and time permitted:
Eilean Donan Castle – well known for being featured in many TV shows, films and pictures, this majestic spot is an obvious choice for the sense of clan history. Situated in a dramatic location on the shore at Dornie on the mainland, the small tidal island of Donnán is surrounded by outstanding scenery. The castle has become one of the most recognised attractions in Scotland. Many proposals have been made here!
Loch Coruisk – We will walk down to the Elgol pier, stopping by the famous Honeycomb rock after which we will take a boat trip together from the pier to this beautiful inland loch in the foot of the Black Cuillins.
Talisker Bay – one of Skye’s many hidden gems, Talisker Beach is bordered by impressive cliffs and a sea stack. Wander the grey sand (expansive when the tide is out) and explore the rock pools.
Sligachan Old Bridge – this impressive spot is surrounded by “enchanted waters” and has a fascinating tale of why. With outstanding views of the Cuillin Mountains, this is a picture-perfect spot for us to shoot.
The Sligachan Hotel is based just opposite the bridge, so we will make it dinner stop.
Fairy Glen and Castle - otherworldly landscape known as the Fairy Glen.
Fairy Pools - The Fairy Pools are a beautiful series of waterfalls and pools on the Isle of Skye, where the water is a spectacular blue colour.
Loch Ainort - amazing reflections with the Cuillins as a backdrop
Loch Fada - located on the dramatic Trotternish Ridge against the backdrop of The Old Man Storr.
The Old Man Storr - The ‘Old Man’ is a large pinnacle of rock that stands high and can be seen for miles around.
As part of the Trotternish ridge the Storr was created by a massive ancient landside, leaving one of the most photographed landscapes in the world.
The Quiraing - Formed by a massive landslip (it’s actually still moving), the Quiraing is one of the most dramatic landscapes in Skye.
*** PLEASE NOTE
1. Spaces are non-refundable, however you are welcome to sell your spot.
2. We are not liable for failure to execute workshop resulting from acts of god including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster, war, terrorist activities or government sanctions.
3. You are welcome to post your images anywhere but please mention all the amazing suppliers involved every time you post photos from the shoot on social media.
4. Travel to and from our destination is not included.
5. Adventure Always does not provide accommodation but feel free to reach out to other attendees on our Facebook Group if you want to car or house share.
6. Adventure Always does not provide insurance, each photographer is responsible for their own insurance.
7. This shoot will go ahead no matter the weather, please plan well and bring suitable clothes and boots.