ARRAN IS KNOWN AS 'SCOTLAND IN MINIATURE' - AND WITH GOOD REASON.
Discover this dramatic island landscape and you'll soon be blown away by the ever-changing mix of terrains; mountains, hills, lunar-like rocky plateaus, moorlands, meadows, rugged coastlines and white sandy beaches all feature. Arran is one of the most accessible of the Scottish islands and one of the most southerly.
Location: Isle of Arran, Scotland
Over the two days we will be shooting an Outlander inspired elopement shoot in the following locations:- Lochranza Castle
- Lamlash Bay and Holy Island
- The standing stones of Machrie Moor
- Glenashdale Falls
- Sannox Beach
- Glen Rosa
- Brodick Castle Bavarian summer house (if we manage to get a permission)
- Goatfell - this location is the highest mountain of Arran and it is a Moderately difficult hike with occasional steep stretches and some rock climbing over some huge boulders. Please specify if you are going to join me on the hike for the high up mountain photos - weather dependant.
GETTING TO THE ISLE OF ARRAN:
Getting to Arran couldn’t be easier. If you’re driving it is less than 3 hrs drive time from the North of England, and if you want to use public transport there are great rail links directly to Ardrossan Harbour.
If you are flying you have a choice. You can either fly to Glasgow or to Prestwick
Pick up a car at either airport and drive to Ardrossan.
You can then get the ferry from Ardrossan to Brodick (55 minutes). Have a look at www.calmac.co.uk for ferry timetable and prices plus online booking.
Alternatively, if you arrive into Glasgow Airport it will cost about £8-10 for an airport taxi to Paisley. From there you can get a train direct to Ardrossan Harbour. [about 43 minutes].
If Prestwick is accessible to you via Ryanair a train is available right outside the airport - a mere 5 minute walk from Arrivals via a covered walkway.
From there it's 10 minutes to Kilwinning Station, change trains, cross the platform and in under 10 minutes the next train will whisk you to the ferry terminal at Ardrossan.
*** PLEASE NOTE
1. Spaces are non-refundable, however you are welcome to sell your spot.
2. We are not liable for failure to execute workshop resulting from acts of god including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster, war, terrorist activities or government sanctions.
3. You are welcome to post your images anywhere but please mention all the amazing suppliers involved every time you post photos from the shoot on social media.